The first was the 24th chapter of the book of Joshua.
It was the end of an important era in both the geo-political history of Israel and the spiritual progressive history of the Kingdom of God. The land had been entered, conquered and the tribes were accurately located and settled. It did take some time, som efforts; it did have some setbacks and 'time-outs'... but it was completed. It was also the end of the life of Joshua but that didn't need to be an issue. Only in the case of nonexistent or inaccurate legacy transfer. Or in the. case of major deviation from the God-given destination, mandate and assignment.
The instruction was 7-fold:
1. GATHERING BEFORE GOD 24,1... all stand before God's face regardless of positions and roles
2. PROPHETIC UPDATE 24,2-13... a divine help to observe and understand progression and patterns
3. CALL TO PARTNERSHIP 24,2-13... God did everything for them but now he wants to include them in order to advance the Kingdom with them
4. SHARPENED ATTITUDE 24,14... a serious heart-check regarding respect, sincerity and truth
5. DEEPENED TRANSFORMATION 24,14-15... certain issues and been wrong but OK; now in the light of the future it will not be OK any more, whoever it is
6. TESTING THE SPIRITUAL LEVEL 24,16-21... a parallel narrative to what Jesus did with Peter in John 21, not to condemn but to position for future developments and assignments
7. ACCOUNTABILITY 24,22-27... people want ministry and responsibility, genuine Kingdom-work requires accountability